The 71st American Physical Society Division of Fluid Dynamics Meeting will take place at the Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia. This premier annual meeting is the largest gathering of the year for the fluid dynamics community. Organizers expect 3,400 attendees from around the world.
Georgia Tech faculty are helping organize the meeting. College of Engineering Professors Donald Webster and P. K. Yeung co-chairs of the local organizing committee. Seven faculty from the College of Sciences are members of the local organizing committee
- Annalissa Bracco, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Daniel Goldman, School of Physics
- Roman Grigoriev, School of Physics
- David Hu, Schools of Biological Sciences and Physics
- Michael Schatz, School of Physics
- Marc Weissburg, School of Biological Sciences
- Jeannette Yen, School of Biological Sciences
Georgia Tech faculty are working with colleagues from the other hosts institutions: Auburn University, Clemson University, Emory University, University of Alabama, University of Georgia, and Vanderbilt University.
Financial support was provided by the host institutions, including Georgia Tech College of Engineering and College of Sciences.
Full information is available at the conference website.
- Early Registration Rate: on or before September 16, 2018
- Regular Registration Rate: September 17 – October 21, 2018
- On-Site Registration Rate: October 22 – November 20, 2018
- Cancellation Deadline (no registration refunds past this date): November 7, 2018
APS/DFD Hotel Block opens June 4, 2018 (See Hotels & Travel tab for more information)
Hotel's Reduced Rate Ends: October 14, 2018, or earlier if block sells out
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 1, 2018
Travel and Child Care
Travel Grant Application Deadline: August 1, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT
Child Care Grant Application Deadline: August 1, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT
Travel Assistance for Participants with Disabilities Deadline: August 1, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT
Gallery of Fluid Motion GFM
- GFM Posters and Video Submission Entries Must be Made by September 14, 2018
- Videos must be uploaded by October 5, 2018
- GFM Poster: Bring to meeting