The conference will bring mathematicians together to discuss recent developments in smooth and symplectic low-dimensional topology and geometry. It is being held at the University of Texas, Austin, to celebrate the the 60th birthday of UT Austin's Jane and Roland Blumberg Centennial Professor in Mathematics Bob Gompf.
- John Etnyre, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Laura Starkston, Stanford University
- Jeremy Van Horn-Morris, University of Arkansas
- Jonathan Williams, Binghamton University
Etnyre is leading a delegation of Georgia Tech students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty.
All the speakers are either collaborators of Gompf's or are working on problems related to Gompf's past and current work.
- Inanc Baykur (Umass Amherst)
- Yasha Eliashberg (Stanford)
- Shelly Harvey (Rice)
- Rob Kirby (Berkeley)
- Tian-Jun Li (Minnesota)
- Tye Lidman (NC State)
- Gordana Matic (University of Georgia)
- Jeffrey Meier (University of Georgia)
- Allison Miller (UT Austin)
- Tom Mrowka (MIT)
- Danny Ruberman (Brandeis)
- Hannah Schwartz (Bryn Mawr)
- Andras Stipsicz (Renyi Institute)
- Bulent Tosun (Alabama)
- Kouichi Yasui (Osaka)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, The Betsy Middleton and John Clark Sutherland Dean's Chair in the College of Sciences
- National Science Foundation
- University of Arkansas
- University of Texas, Austin
Registration is requested. Register here.
For schedule, list of participants, and local information, visit the conference website.
Thursday, 2018, July 12 - 12:00am to Sunday, 2018, July 15 - 12:00am
The University of Texas, Austin
Registration is requested.
For More Information Contact
A.Maureen Rouhi, Ph.D.
Director of Communications
College of Sciences