Explore Living Learning Community (LLC) is a first-year undergraduate research and pre-health community where we transform your love of mathematics and scientific inquiry into academic, social, and professional opportunities.
Download fact and major information as a pdf here.
You might be right for Explore if you...
- Have an interest in a career in research, health, or medicine
- Possess a curious mind that likes to investigate
- Want to make discoveries that change how we see the world
- Plan to attend a top-ranked graduate or professional school
- Aim to use scientific discoveries to solve real-world problems
- Want to create lasting community with like-minded students
With Explore, you'll enjoy:
- Living in apartment-style dorms with fellow pre-health and research students
- Faculty engagement in small groups and 1:1 meetings
- Mentorships with former Explore upperclassmen students
- Pre-health advising with professional and peer advisors
- Educational events and off-campus experiences
- Access to scholarships and research positions
- Special sections of first-year courses
- In-House Tutoring
In Explore LLC, we support our students as they jumpstart their first year at Georgia Tech. We are NOT just another academic program. We are NOT additional work or responsibilities. We ARE here to support you.
Automatic acceptance for College of Sciences majors
College of Sciences students are automatically accepted into the program and will all receive an automatic invitation. You must hit ACCEPT once you receive the invitation. Spaces are first come, first served.
Tailor the program to your interests
First year students are required to attend our opening retreat and take one of our GT1000 first year seminar courses. After that, everything that you choose to get involved with is up to YOU!
Students in Explore live as a cohort in 8th Street West Apartments on West Campus. With a newly built dining facility, close access to our Campus Recreation Center, and close proximity to many science classrooms and labs, this is the ideal location to begin your Tech experience.
By accepting the Explore invitation, you are making a one-year commitment (first two semesters) with the option of participating as an upperclassman after your first year.
As a member of Explore you will be required to take one class in your first semester, GT 1000 (first year Explore students). This seminar is designed to support first-year students in their transition to Georgia Tech and is taught by Georgia Tech academic faculty and administrators with advanced degrees.
Explore members are also required to attend our fall retreat, which offers you the opportunity to connect with 200 Explore friends, meet some of our incredible faculty, and voice your opinion on the year ahead.
Explore LLC participation requires a $400 fee per semester for two semesters, or $250 per semester for incoming transfer students. These fees cover costs associated with academic and professional development, programming, and excursions that include lab tours, trips to the CDC and Zoo Atlanta, in-house dinners with Tech faculty, and Explore-specific sections of Tech courses.